Monday, January 26, 2009

The right choice

Many of my friends and family have been asking us if we made the right choice, a, moving the the USA and b, choosing Denver as the place to settle down.

Chris and I have been here 8 months now, and probably seen more of the US than most Americans. After travelling to places like San Diego, Phoenix, San Francisco, we thought that Denver was the place to be. We have now been through a very hot summer, an amazing fall season and now, a very cold and snowy winter, and glad to say, still loving it.

I have travelled to places like Kansas City, St Louis, Dallas, Houston, Palo Alto..... and even though some of those places are amazing, I still love Denver.

So, what do I love so much about it;
1. The Blue sky's and sunshine - 300 days a year
2. the friendly people
3. the hikes, river rafting, cycling, swimming, running, walks, in the summer
4. the skiing and winter sports in the winter
5. wearing my Uggs and wrapping up on cold days
6. the snow falling as I look out into the garden right now, a winter wonderland
7. quaint downtown Denver, with it's night-life, theatre and amazing restaurants
8. the view of the mountains, no matter where you are
9. no fence, burglar bars or alarm system in my home
10. the squirrels in my garden and seeing the elk and buffalo as we head into the mountains

and the list goes on.....

What I miss:
1. My friends and Family
2. Pilansberg, Kruger and the bush

I count my blessings every day and hope to share this with all of my friends and family some day. However, I am and always will be a South African, I am proud of where I come from, the beauty of the country, my accent and everything good about SA.

but, remember; life is a journey, not a destination....

with that said, who knows what the next chapter of our lives may bring!

No comments: