Sunday, November 2, 2008

Celebrations!!!

Houses, Halloween and Time....

This has been the most exciting week!!! We had so much to Celebrate!

The story starts off like this. About 2 weeks ago,I persuaded Chris to go and look at homes to rent. Apartment living has been great up to this point, now it's time to have some space and a garden to potter around in. Well, the short of it is, that I fell head-over-heels in love with a house that's for sale. We then decided to not be too hasty, and do some research (that's my analytical hubby talking). After looking around the neighbourhood for a while, we decided that the house that captured my heart was the one.


Our new house (holding thumbs)

It's a stunning home in a beautiful old neighborhood with lots of trees called Coventry. Our agent started calling it the "Lake House" because it's on West Lake Ave.

The house has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, dinning room, family room, 2 car-garage, fully finished basement with a 5th room and entertainment area. It's still in the Little ton region, close to the foothills of the mountains. The house has recently been remodelled and has a stunning garden.

A closer view of the front

The view from our street, West Lake Ave - stunning

We will hopefully close in about a weeks time, that's when money's get transferred and the house becomes ours.

Our own little lake which freezes over in winter, which you can ice-skate on

A little walking path through the private neighborhood

Another view of one of the many pathways in Coventry

So, as you can see, there's more than enough room for you all to come and visit me (-:

On Friday, we also celebrated our first Halloween.

It is amazing to see everyone get into the Halloween spirit. Most people decorate their homes, with pumpkins, ghosts and other scary things. Everywhere you look, people are either selling pumpkins, carving pumpkins or having pumpkins festivals.

Chris and I had to laugh, we were all prepared for the trick-or-treater's and bought some sweets, but the only person to knock on the door was a political surveyor. She got a chocolate anyway. We must have missed most of them when we went out to dinner.

Homes beautifully decorated for Halloween

Hanging Ghosts

The giant-spiders return - yikes


The celebrations continued as Chris's clearances came through from Wells Fargo, and now has the all clear to start work on Monday. He is so excited, and looking forward to some new challenges.

I can also not believe that Chris and I are going to be in the US, at the time when history is being made. It's finally election time. Will it be Obama or McCain? Well, Tuesday the 4th is the day! The media hype is at a all time high, and hopefully will settle down after the election. Not sure how many more political ads I can handle.


On Sunday morning, Colorado also saw it's winter time change. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the clocks would be turned back an hour. This means I no longer have to drive to work in the dark, which slightly confuses my internal clock as I feel I should still be snuggled in bed.

So, with all that exciting news, I look forward to the next few weeks. My parents arrive in 6 weeks time. Hopefully we will be all moved in by then, and ready to have a snowy white Christmas in our new home.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Oh wow, I am so excited for you. Your house looks stunning - i am very jealous!!!!
Hope it all goes through.