Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jobs, Man-Maids and friends

Last week Friday, my Hubby got the call he's been waiting for since he started job-hunting in June - The Job Offer call. Yup, Wells Fargo, one of the biggest banks on the West coast, and now the East coast with the acquisition of Wackovia, has offered Chris a Marketing post in Downtown Denver.


We are very excited, well, I was until I realised I'm losing my maid. Now looks like I have to wash, clean and iron on the weekend's - mmmmmm, not to keen on that. I see some key negotiations coming up.




Generally life is great. Melissa's new man in her life - Art, invited us over for a BBQ (I still call it a braai). It was starting to get cold, which gave me the perfect chance to try out my new UGG boots. (Toni, eat your heart out).




Melissa and Art


My Hubby and I


Melissa and I




My new UGG Boots

They have sheep skin inside and are super warm, all the girls wear them here.






Tuesday and Wednesday saw some very cold weather blow in, tons of snow on the mountains (check out Chris's blog for some pics). I can see the mountain peaks covered in snow from my office - the most amazing view. Driving home from work yesterday I even encountered a couple of snow flakes.
View of the mountains as I leave my office

I think fall is just about over, definitely feels like winter to me. Of course Melissa, who's Canadian think I'm mad, and keeps telling me it's still warm compared to what's coming - Do I run now???


Last night saw the temps fall to between 25-32 (-4 to 0ºc)


They should get warmer over the weekend, but tonight is still set at 32 (0ºc)




Other than that, life in Denver's great. Fall has been amazing, all the colours of the trees. Now everyone is gearing up for ski-season.



Fire Red colours of Fall


This weekend's busy, dinner with Mel and Jenni on Sat and lunch with Fred and Lorraine on Sunday. We also need to go shopping for Chris, ties and shoes etc. Exactly what I do best.




Until next time - Mwah

No comments: