Saturday, June 14, 2008

Life in San Diego

Hello my faithful blog readers, my apologies for being a little tardy with my updates, but I've been a very busy girl.

Thanks once again to Priceline.com, I found us the most amazing accommodation in downtown San Diego at the Sheraton, and all for $80. This is a great location because it’s in the hub of very busy downtown, with lots to see and do.
The shopping Malls in SD are great. They are big and miles and miles of every brand name under the sun.

The Fashion Valley Mall in SD

On our last day in SD, after a hectic week driving around, seeing different sites of SD, looking at houses, we decided to take a day off. So of we went to Coronado Island. Firstly we had to do some washing, so while having some breakfast, we did some necessary washing at the local Laundromat in Coronado. Something I have not done since my London days.
Then we made a bee-line for the beach. Coronado has some of the most stunning beaches in California. White sand and blue seas. It was rather hot and thank goodness I had my sunscreen with me, although you would not say this if you looked at how tanned, or burnt I should say. His “Vallie” side came out when he had the classic “finger” print markings on his stomach and sides. Very funny!

The stunning Coronado Island Beaches

No comments: