Sunday, July 20, 2008

How about a pint or ten – Paddy!

The famous annual Irish Festival has arrived, and, in true South African fashion, we made our presence known. The festival was held in our awesome park across the road. A new friend of ours, another South African, Jasper, is the events manager of Coors and we all met up for a few drinks.

Jasper and Chris

My Canadian friend, Melissa joined us and soon we were consuming more drinks than responsible, intelligent people should, and enjoying all the Irish hospitality. A U2 band wannabe was playing some cool U2 music, adding to the great summer evening fair.My Canadian friend, Melissa
U2 playing at the Festival (Ya Right!, but not bad).

As the Festival started drawing to a close, the local Paddy’s invited us to the Irish pub down the street. As if we have not had enough to drink, I decide that it would be a really great idea to play coinage (or quarters as they call it here). Eventually, rather tipsy and going downhill fast, we decided to call it a night. Needless to say, the next day was rather uneventful, it was me, my babelas, my couch and my coke,

What a great evening with great people. Looking forward to many more.

No comments: