Sunday, May 25, 2008

How time fly's by....

I know I've been a slack updating my blog of late, but we have been so hectic doing so many things over the last 2 weeks, so here's an update...


Trip to Colorado Springs

Chris and I took a day trip to Colorado Springs, which is a bout an hour from Denver (Don't ask me how far in miles, still trying to convert KM to miles).



View of the Highway from our car

We visited a place called "Garden of the Gods". There are these amazing Red Rocks, in which these stunning gardens surround them. We hiked up the side of the valley and then down to the gardens. Amazing weather and scenery.














Garden of the Gods - view onto the Gardens from where we were hiking


We then went into the old town of Colorado Springs for some lunch and found a real American spot where you could order burgers and other good food. Everyone is so friendly and keep asking us where we are from, clearly I have not lost my SA accent - and I do not plan to.












Chris in Old Colorado Springs Town











An old original in the Old Town

Getting our Drivers Licence

OK, it's not everyday that you feel like you're 18 all over again. Well, this week Chris and I had to re-write our Driver's tests and then once we passed that (Yay, both of us passed 1st time), we had to do a Driver's skills test, where, like I did years ago, have a person in the car checking that you do all the right things to pass your drivers. Well, Chris and I both passed that too, 1st time, so now we are legit Colorado Drivers.

Our New Car

So, Tuesday we received our drivers licences, and on Thursday, I collected my new Car. A stunning 4 cylinder, automatic, 4 w Drive, Toyota RAV 4. It drives like a dream and now Chris and I are ready to head out on our Roadtrip!! Yeah.










My new baby - drives like a dream











On our way to Morrison

Dinner with Melanie and Jenni

We have met such lovely people since we've been here in Denver. On Thursday evening we had dinner with Melanie and Jenni at a little Italian spot in Morrison. Mel and Jenni, who I met through Lorraine, loves the outdoors. They are into Rock Climbing, biking, snow boarding, camping, hiking etc. I am very keen to try Rock Climbing , will definitely give it a try when we get back to Denver after our road trip.

No comments: