Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where did fall go?

As I'm sitting her, updating my blog, a snow plough drives past. What's wrong with this picture, surely it's still supposed to be fall? This time last year, we just bought our new house, the fall colours were stunning, and Halloween was a lovely "warm" evening.

So where did fall disappear to so early this year. Denver is seeing a early Winter Storm this winter. Schools have been closed and our ToastMasters meeting was cancelled this morning.

"Major Storm hits Colorado" abc news - http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/21435500/detail.html

Winter Storm warning issued: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather/21435500/detail.html

The temp's have not moved out of the high 20'sF (approx -2C), and the snow keeps falling. Chris took my car this morning, as his car would get stuck in this level of snow. So I'm pretty much stuck at home today. I have just finished shovelling the drive way, but as fast as I shovel the snow away, just as quickly does it pile up with fresh snow. Lucy from across the road came over to help, and then as good neighbours do, I helped Christina clear their drive.

Lucy helping me shovel snow

Everyone is in shock with how early this came, and with the amount of snow....and it's still going to get worse.

Our snowy backyard

The question is, am I ready for this snowy, icy cold weather yet? I'm not so sure. But it is stunning, everything white and looking so serene.

Other than being snowed in, life in Denver is great. We have being having lots of dinners with friends, enjoying the lovely fall colours and enjoying life. Chris also got offered a position with a Ad Agency here in Denver called Integer, so he embarks on a new adventure and some really exciting challenges.

I have decided to put Real Estate on hold for a while and am looking at a few position with SAP again, some really exciting new opportunities so will have to see what happens in the next few weeks.

It's also Halloween time again. Everyone seems to have Halloween fever, and many people in the neighbourhood have their decorations up, incl. me. Art, Melissa, little Kyle and Hanna are spending Halloween with us on Saturday. We will take Kyle and Hanna trick or treating and then have a great dinner.

Watch out for my next post for a scary Halloween update (-:


A cute pic of a squirrel right next to the window eating berries.


Dinner with Iwan, Liezl, Steve and Tracie. What a great evening, thanks guys.

Well, keep watching this blog for updates on our winter storm!

No comments: