Thursday, October 29, 2009

Denver Winter Storm - Day 2

So, we are in day 2 of the Winter Snow Storm which hit Colorado on Tuesday night, 2 days ago.

As I write this, the snow is still falling, and I am amazed that so much snow could fall so quickly, and still continues to fall. Temp's have been sitting around -3C, but I must be getting used to the cold, not as bad as I used to feel.

I braved the outside world, for a quick trip to the store. The roads are an absolute mess and most people have stayed home, as the roads are very quiet.
A messy, sludgy Bowles road

View of Clement Park

The snow ploughs which were actively working in the neighbourhood yesterday, have not been around today. Too much snow, too few snow ploughs.

Road in front of our house

Our kind neighbour used his snow plough (looks like a lawn mower) to clear our drive way, so it gave me extra time to build a snow man. I pulled out our snow man kit, and just loved playing in the snow to build my little snow man.

Frosty my snow man

We have had 20" of snow, approx 1.8ft, which now takes me up to my knees.

Knee deep at 20"



Pathway to our front door

Hopefully the storm should start clearing tomorrow, but I must say, it is fun to play in, beautiful to watch, but I'm not so keen to drive in it.

No comments: